The Green Business Association is a membership organization for companies that are making the effort to save our environment. To join, a company needs to qualify by incorporating at least three items from our "green"* list below.
Please support our members!
For more information on our memberís businesses, please see the Green Directory.
|Eco Depot - Building Materials and Other Services - www.ecodepotinc.com||Platinum rating|
|The Magic Lantern Theatre - Art House Cinema - Spokane, WA - www.magiclantern.org||Silver rating|
|Design Spike - Web Design services - www.designspike.com||Silver rating|
|Zeck Butler Architects, PS - Specializing in LEED certified and Evergreen Standard sustainable buildings. - www.zeckbutler.com||Silver rating|
|Green Businesses, LLC - Promotes businesses that are green. - www.greenbusinesses.net||Gold rating|
|CMF Distribution - Wholesale supplier of pipes, valves, fittings, wire and accessories for the construction of Irrigation, Waterworks, Industrial, Natural Gas, Petroleum, and Fire Protection Systems - www.cmfdistribution.com||Silver rating|
|LandHouseHome.com - Real Estate Eastern Washington - www.landhousehome.com||Silver rating|
|Clean Our Oceans - Dedicated to cleaning plastic and other pollution from our oceans - www.cleanouroceans.org||Silver rating|
|DSPP LLC - A consulting firm that consults and trains on ERP products such as SAP. - ||Platinum rating|
|Life Coach 22, LLC - Alex from Life Coach 22 specializes in being a life coach to people in the international community, ex-pats, families speaking more than one language at home and Americans going abroad. - www.lifecoach22.com||Platinum rating|
|EcoDirect - EcoDirect is dedicated to creating awareness of and delivering renewable energy, environmentally friendly, and energy efficient products to the global market. Our online store offers a variety of products that will reduce your energy consumption, generate - www.EcoDirect.com ||Platinum rating|
Is Your Business "Green"
*How to Join-Are you Silver, Gold or Platinum?
Let us know by email what your company is doing to be green, based on the below criteria. Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership is$60 per year for non-profit organizations, $120 per year for companies with revenue less than $2,000,000 per year and $600 for companies with revenue greater than $2,000,000 per year. Membership includes a listing on the Green Business Association page with your company name, type of business and GBA rating, a detailed listing in our Green Businesses Directory and a Green Businesses Association logo to place on your website and/or use on printed materials.
If you answered "yes" to at least three items on this list, then you are considered a Green Business. We will list what you are doing to be green as part of your directory listing. We encourage your company to use as many of these practices as possible and to upgrade your rating whenever possible.
- 1. Does your company use renewable energy sources such as solar panels and/or wind power or purchase renewable energy from a utility company? Does your building tap into geothermal energy? Has your company replaced incandescent light bulbs with fluorescent or LED lights?
- 2. Does your company sell components used in the construction of green buildings or in water conservation?
- 3. Does your company recycle paper, glass and plastic?
- 4. Is your company “paperless.” Have you eliminated paper and Styrofoam cups from break rooms?
- 5. Does your company have an incentive program encouraging employees to carpool, walk, bike or use public transportation to get to work? Do you have extra convenient parking spaces reserved for hybrid, electric or carpool vehicles? Do some employees work from home?
- 6. Is your building a LEED certified, Evergreen Standard structure, or Energy Star certified building?
- 7. Do you use non-polluting cleaning products?
- 8. Does your company save on water usage with sustainable landscaping and/or improved water saving laundry practices?
- 9. Does your company use electric or hybrid vehicles?
Membership dues are:
- Silver Rating: If your company incorporates three items from the above list.
- Gold Rating: If your company incorporates four items from the above list.
- Platinum Rating: If your company incorporates five or more items from the above list.
- $60 per year for non-profit organizations
- $120 per year for businesses with revenue less than $2,000,000 per year
- $600 per year for businesses with revenue greater than or equal to $2,000,000 per year